Europa Universalis 4 Save Converter
The Europa Universalis IV Converter is a DLC for Crusader Kings II. It turns a saved game of CK2 into a mod for Europa Universalis IV. The DLC was originally available as a pre-order bonus for EU4; shortly after that game's launch it was made available separately as DLC, priced at €/$9.99.
On GNU/Linux the savegames are exported to
~/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader\ Kings\ II/eu4_export/mod/.
- A CK2 save (from any year) is turned into a mod for the EU4 start-date of 1444, allowing the player to continue on to 1821.
Nations and national ideas
- Dynamic country tags are created for CK2 realms without equivalents in the base EU4 game. Flags are carried over for the nations as well for CK2 nations that have no equivalent in EU4.
- Nations that have an equivalent in EU4 gain their national ideas. Nations without equivalents gain their ideas based on national idea groups or generic national ideas.
- Unique national ideas for Aztec, Hashashin, Inca, Israel, Jomsvikings, Karlings, Knights Templar, and the Roman Empire.
- With Sunset Invasion active, The Inca and Aztec empires will have the High American tech group, as well as large empires in the New World.
- Provinces convert to a static amount of development.
- Reformed Pagans all have their own unique religions in EU4. Reformed Norse can also choose their own personal deities.
- Most Unreformed Pagans become Animists, however CK2's Tengri nations will continue to be Tengri in EU4.
- Zoroastrian nations continue as their EU4 equivalent; unreformed Zunists become Zoroastrians.
- Reformed Zunists remain Zunist.
- Hellenics also have their own unique religion.
- With the Sons of Abraham DLC all heresies will also become unique religions. Without the DLC though heresies will be only be converted if they have overtaken their parent religion in the game.
- With Minimal Crown Authority (Autonomous Vassals), kingdom-level vassals and duke-level vassals will become vassal states rather than integrated into the whole realm.
- With Conclave enabled, this is tied to a realm's council power. With council power abolished, the whole nation will stay independent. If any council laws are active, there will be some vassals. The centralization law doesn't affect this.
- A maximum of 4 EU personal unions are created from a nation's largest vassals. The rest will stay part of the nation.
- Muslim nations get vassals instead of personal unions to somewhat represent that they use an Iqta system rather feudalism.
The Holy Roman Empire
- The Holy Roman Empire is implemented using EU4's HRE mechanics. All vassals remain unless crown authority is Absolute.
- The seven largest vassals within the empire will become electors and the rest of the direct vassals will become normal princes.
- If crown authority is absolute the HRE becomes a single nation instead. With Conclave DLC, the HRE becomes a single nation when the council is not enabled.
- Technology is determined by a realm's total tech level compared to the average tech of all realms. Those with high tech levels will be in the western tech group. In the case of Sunset Invasion, the Aztec and Inca will also receive High American as their tech level.
- EU4 Converter modding
- CK2 To EU3 Converter - an older fan-made mod for transferring CK2 to Europa Universalis III.