Holding Income = (Base Income + Building Income) x Local Income Modifiers
The holding income is the yearly amount visible in the holding screen. It is the sum of:
- the Base Income of the holding (3 for a castle, 8 for a temple, and 12 for a city).
- the Building Income brought by all buildings constructed in the holding
The amount is further modified by Local Income Modifiers:
- Technology boost from Castle/Church/City infrastructure, which ranging from +6.5% to +50% depending on technology level.
- Muslim Jizya tax on non-Muslim provinces: +25%
- Steward's Collect Taxes job, which depends on Steward's stewardship attribute: +2.5% tax/skill point. Note that it only applies to holdings owned by the Steward's liege, so they are best used in counties where the liege owns more than one holding.
- Wrong government type penalty of -75%, in case the owner type and holding type are not the same.
- Looted province penalty, if a province has been raided or hostile armies lived off loot for supply
- New administration penalty of -30%
- Recently conquered penalty of -100%
Demesne Income = sum(Holding Income) x product(Global Income Modifiers)
The direct income of a liege is the sum of the income from the holdings of his demesne, modified by the product of Global Income Modifiers:
- Every state stewardship point gives +2% per point above 5 state stewardship, in addition to the greedy trait that gives +10%.
- For Muslims, decadence above 25% decreases demesne income, while decadence below 25% increases it.
- A penalty of -25% per holding above the demesne limit, with a maximum of -90%.
|Demesne limit||+1||+2||+3||+4 and above|