Council laws are laws to determine which actions require a council vote. Requires Conclave DLC to be activated.
Table of laws
| Voting power
|| Other effects
- (Always the first voting power.)
- (AKA "empowering the council", in contrast to "abolishing the council" or "absolute rule".)
- 👑 Ruler can enforce realm peace (when the council is content and with its support)
- 👑 Ruler can propose new laws more often: the cooldown is reduced from 10 years to 5 years. Piety costs for iqta rulers and prestige costs for nomadic rulers are also reduced.
- 👑 King can appoint one additional Advisor, and emperor can appoint two.
- These voting positions can appease major vassals without compromising the competence among your five main council positions.
- Council members can use favors to force votes on some laws (vassal obligations and most levels of council empowerment)
| War declaration
- (Always the second voting power.)
- 👑 Council members cannot join factions (when the council is content and government is not tribal/nomadic)
- Council members can use favors to force a vote on pressing their claim
| Title revocation
- Includes vassal retraction
- Only imprisonment by arrest
| Title grants
- Only permanent grants (not viceroyalties)
| "Council authority"
- (Only available in kingdoms and higher. Council members cannot force a vote on this law.)
- 👑 Can switch to feudal elective even in Muslim and Dharmic realms
- Cannot switch from feudal elective
- Powerful vassals cannot be fired from the council (but can still swap positions)
Absolutism gives +2 demesne limit. Each level of council empowerment beyond the first gives +2 vassal limit, for a possible total of +14 vassal limit. Other benefits to lieges from empowering the council are marked with 👑.
"Laws" is always the first level and "Wars" is always the second. Once these two are in place, all subsequent levels can be passed in any order.
A faction to Increase council authority can pass any of the first seven levels, in the order shown above. This faction is very high priority for AI vassals until the second level is passed.
A faction to Overthrow the ruler can pass the last level (along with Laws & Wars, if not already in place). This faction also institutes feudal elective succession and forces the ruler to abdicate to the most popular vassal.